Tuesday, March 24, 2009

wedding pictures

My twenty-eight year old niece is getting married in May. I just received the invitation in the mail. The invitations were hand made and a photo of her and her fiance was included with the invitation. My entire family is very conservative so to say that if they saw a piercing on one of their family members that wasn't in the typical area of the earlobe they would freak out. My nieces fiance has multiple piercings throughout his entire body and is very well noticed in the picture. My brother is a deeply religious person and feels very strongly that piercings should be on womens ears and that if men have their ears pierced they are gay. Any other piercings would mean that they were in a motorcycle gang.
My question to you all is she dating and marrying the person just to get back at her father for some reason or could it be true love? Hard to tell when she is doing the exact opposite of what she knows he would like her to do.
I know when I got married I wanted my parents to accept my husband into the family. But I also know that sometimes no matter who you marry it will never happen. What are your thoughts.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Unfortunately, I'm not clairvoyant, so I have no idea what is going on in your niece's head. She is 28 though, so I would hope she would be out of the rebellion stage of life.

I think it's best to give her the benefit of the doubt unless she gives you some reason to do otherwise.