Monday, March 16, 2009

Many Children on Assistance

In reference to one more reason why "octomom" bothers us I think has a lot to do with her being on assistance. I have known a mom with many more children than she should have had. She was a single mom to six children from six different dads and did not use protection. She lived in a shelter in Nashville, Tennesse with all of her children. She did not have the money to move out of the shelter, but did have the money to buy Nikes for all six kiddos. I knew her for six months and she just stayed at the shelter. The "octomom" taps into the feelings that this mom also gave me, someone who just does bizarre things and has a lot of children. Do you agree?

2 comments:

Robin said...

Yea I do know what you mean...Its like they don't even know what parenting is all about. They have kids and leave the responsibility of them up to other people...welfare or the grandparents. Another thing I keep wondering about is have they no respect for their own bodies...

Margaret said...

I think it bothers us(at least me) so very much because we work our behinds off to have what we have and to provide for our children. Yet there are people out there who rely on other people.