Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm Sorry Britney

A friend recently showed me this song by a well known Christian artist by the name of Bebo Norman. The song is him apologizing to Britney Spears for tearing her down and the stones we have thrown. His song also offers encouragement telling her that there is a love greater than what she is going through. I found this song interesting. I found it interesting that a fellow muscian took it upon himself to write this song apologizing to her. I personally love the song. One of my favorite lines is " We sell the beauty but destroy the girl." How true is that? Why is it that we are so intersted in other people's lives? I think maybe we are so interested that we take away any type of human connection to the famous, that we start viewing them as idols. As symbols of fame and beauty rather than people. Do we sell the beauty and destroy the girl? I think so.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Another thing is that she has started to make a come back after her "breakdown". We still won't let it go and be encouraging about her future. Its like the media and people still want her to fail so everyone will have more gossip and I guess feel better about them selves. Like no one else has ever hit a rough patch..If the media would just leave her alone she would probably have a lot less stress.