Tuesday, March 24, 2009

So by now, we were supposed to have at least 5 posts on this blog. I had hoped to write several posts, but in the mist of writing I lost the motivation to elaborate and expand my thinking to make it worth the readers while. I guess my words were lost in translation because week after week I couldn’t write something I felt was worthy of a post. Don’t get me wrong I did indeed comment a lot on other posts, but just never could force myself to share a post.

I shall blame it on class… haha. I talked a lot in class discussions, and so making a major blog post seemed at the very least, tedious. Considering I already shared a lot of my feelings and opinions, I find it hard to post about something else. At any rate, this is my attempt to make a magical and stirring post.
If everyone remembers (or even knows what I’m talking about) around Christmas time, the wee bit of controversy the Atheists caused on buses in the Seattle area (and other major cities). These buses had the logo “Be good for goodness sake” in huge letters on them. This offended many people including (obviously) religious, God fearing people. It’s no secret I am a Christian. What has me confused about Atheists thinking is that they belief people should just be good, help others and be nice, for goodness sake? Well, what is “goodness”? What is the root of good and bad nature if you don’t believe in God or a Creator?


The problem with this thinking is its claim that even without religion or belief in God, people should just be “good”. If there is good in this world, then there is also bad… So, if you do not have your belief in God being good and Satan being evil, how do you judge your “moral compass”? There are many theorist and logical people who say that humans would be “bad” given the chance, because it’s in their nature.

But that aside is it truly possible to “Be good for goodness sake”?


No comments: