Saturday, March 21, 2009

Legalizing Marijuana

The topic of legalizing marijuana is a very hot topic in congress these days. This is a very well supported notion, legalizing marijuana has been a contraversial topic for nearly 40 years. The push for legalizing marijuana keeps getting stronger and stronger year after year. Increasing numbers are proving that Americans are serious about legalizing this drug. I feel that alcohal is a much bigger deal than weed. Many more deaths come from drunk driving than high driving. Should weed be legal?
Even popular musicians are coming straight out and saying in thier lyrics saying that they smoke weed.

"I was gonna go to class but then I got HIGH" (Afroman)
"I got the bad weed blues" (Bone Thugs)
"One last dance with Mary Jane" (Tom Petty)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Personally I am in agreement with this. I dont feel that weed is that big of a deal and not to mention if we were to just legalize it numbers may very well go down. Take into consideration of other countries; in japan they have vending machines where kids can get alcohol or cigs for their parents without id but they dont have a drinking or smoking problem because of the fact that since it is readily accessible they dont feel the need to go after it with such a vengeance, its our rebellious tendancy to do things we arn' suppose to that cause many younger people to be so driven towards substances

Hannah said...

This is an interesting topic to me. Just about every single one of my friends has or does smoke weed. I haven't ever done it just because I'm not interested. I hate the smell and..I don't know it just isn't my thing. My friends have even said they understand me better when their "high". (kinda funny I thought)My friends would also agree that alcohol is much worse that weed. So since I don't have any personal experience with it, I'm curious if so many people think that why is it still illegal?

Robin said...

I too think it should be legalized. I have thought so for years they could sell it in the liquor stores to. When used in moderation on weekends and such it is better the alcoholand a lot more fun. I think it would clean out a lot of our prisons and make room for the more hardened criminals. I was so glad when they legalized it for medical purposes. My mother found great relief with it from the pain her cancer caused.