Sunday, March 15, 2009

David Bowie and Your Sexual/Relationship Boundaries.


So, this may seem a pretty weird topic, but I think it's kind of interesting. And funny.

Recently, my girlfriend and I have been talking about certain celebrities and what we think of them. She says she would definitely leave me for David Bowie, or Bret and Jemaine of The Flight of The Concords, if the opportunity was presented. Her argument is, "Well, who wouldn't?" After saying this, she then tries to get me to admit that there are celebrities that I would leave her for, regardless of my sexuality. She doesn't understand why more guys don't admit that they'd get it on with David Bowie and other celebrities of his status. I find it pretty hilarious.

This absolutely has to do with how average people put celebrities (and basically anyone of a more attractive status then they) atop pedestals. My argument against it is that I don't really hold anyone in a high enough regard that I would do anything for them if they walked through my door. Realizing how distant of a reality this would all be, I usually just say, "Fine, fine, I'd [have relations] with David Bowie."

I'm interested to see, are there any/many celebrities that you would do anything for, regardless of your sexual orientation and relationship status? If so, why? Do you believe it's okay for people to have these types of views on celebrities?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It seems to be that more women than men idolize celebrities. But in either case we they are not idolizing the real person they idolize what is made up and seen by us. If people know the real person that is behind the celebrity they would probably not like them very much.

Jennifer Fletcher said...

It seems strange to tell your boyfriend/girlfriend that you would leave them for a celebrity. The bottom line is you don't even know this celebrity person. I personally wouldn't want to meet any of the celebrities that I like because I would hate to be disappointed.