Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Grand Finale!

Taking into consideration that the class is over now, I wanted to take this humanities class into discussion. We have talked about analyzing our world and breaking it down so that we can see that our lives have been constructed off of societies wants and needs, and that perhaps all of us are being manipulated to follow the mass majority.

But could there be a problem with looking to closely at everything that happens within our lives? Could breaking everything down that we have constructed our lives on really benefit us or would it be more of a hinderance? A constant reminder that we haev no control over our lives, and that everything around is a possible threat towards our individuality?

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I always over-analyze everything. I tear things apart and then worry about it endlessly.

Tyler said...

I have been pondering those exact questions throughout the class myself. And just like everything else we have discussed i think it is all based on oppinion and how people are. Some people like to analyze and find meaning in situations whether that meaning is worth anything or not. Myself personally, i am more layed back and like to just take things as they come. What difference does it make what "Family Guy" says about our culture? Is it going to affect how i live my life? all i know is that it's funny, and that good enough for me.

Jessica said...

I have had a hard time in this class because I am not used to analyzing all these things. I wonder like Tyler said does it really make a difference what Family Guy says, or how one reportor feels on a certain subject such as homosexuality? When do we analyze things too much? Is there a point where we stop just enjoying life and start being almost weary of all things sending us messages? I just have a hard time picking apart things that I enjoy, television shows, books etc. It is good to ask questions and not walk around blindly. But I don't think it is good to analyize so much.