Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Obama


America has a new president. With our new president, it seems everyone is looking forward to change. Obama is the face of change and the American people trust him. Why is this? Why do we trust him? He hasn't done anything to help us yet. The economy is down, and troops are still in Iraq. I've asked many people how they feel about our new president and most everyone agreed that they trust in him and believe he will lead us to a bright future. Last week he was the first president ever to appear on a late night comedy show when he appeared on Jay Leno. I happened to catch his appearance late after work that night. He seems like such a humble down to earth guy, chatting about playing basketball at the White House, how could you not like him? Is Obama the face of change because his the first African American president? Or do we really believe he will have an impact and fix all the problems America is running into? I like the guy, he's young, fresh, and ready to tackle the challenge. What do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like what I have seen from Obama.
He's energetic and positive.
Seems clever too.
It would be difficult for anybody to sort out some of the challenges Obama faces,but It's great to have someone who had a good idea how to sort some of them out.

Tyler said...

I personally like Obama as well but i dont understand why everyone thinks he is some kind of emblem for change. I guess we will see as his term progresses.

Robin said...

So far since Obama has been in office I have notice a great change namely is that he tells the American people what he is doing and why. I have not seen that in years. The reason we all expect a change is because that was his running platform.

When you watch him and listen to what he says you can tell he is a lot more intelligent about the issues that the last pres. I have seen a few Presidents in my live and never one with the energy and drive Obama has. One of the best things about him is that he is young and looking for changes that will last long past his Presidency.