Tuesday, March 17, 2009

To Whom We Are Attracted

Does anyone else wonder what makes you truly attracted to a person in a sustained relationship?
The reason I ask is that, although I did not realize it when I began my relationship with my first or present husband, is that they are both avid readers. They are nothing alike in a million ways from personality to physical appearance and yet they have both actively read about a quarter of their free time in relationship with me away! I love to read, yet it is not something in a spouse that I ever consciously looked for. I wonder what traits other people look for in a significant other that they may not be aware of. I have heard of people that would not date someone that is not a reader, I had not ever thought about it.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

For along time i tried to figure out something that was similar with my ex-husband and my current husband. There's not a thing that they have in common, which is probably why i'm attracted to my husband. Maybe years from now i might find one little thing, but for now im thankful they are not similar, at least in anyway i can see.

Shimjjang said...

Most of my exes are similar in some traits of their personalities, but definetly not everything. It's the differences that make them special and more unique, though each and every person is different by nature anyways.

Robin said...

My 3 ex SO's are similar. For some reason I am always attracted to the same type and looks. Good looking jock type with mustaches. All were high school football players. All had been to the Police Academy. All worked construction. All had been to college.