Tuesday, March 24, 2009

flu shots

I have always been one to fight getting a flu shot. There are two reasons for this. One I hate needles and the other is I feel it is useless. They are injecting a serum consisting of the previous years flu into your body. Every year the flu evolves and we can't get a vaccine for the upcoming year. Also they tell you that it won't prevent you from getting the flu but will lessen your symptoms. I strongly disagree.

Two Fridays ago my 7 year old son came down with the flu. He is still out of school as of today. He got the flu shot. This last Saturday I came down with the flu and am now four days later ready to get back to work. I did not get the flu shot. My mother in Law had the flu for three weeks. She also got the flu shot.

I don't know about anyone else but I see a definite pattern here. Tell me your thoughts and experiences.

1 comment:

Pat said...

It is because all the aluminum and other various toxins in the vaccine compromise your immune system.