Monday, March 2, 2009

Returns

I work a lot. So I have a lot of annoying stories. Recently a women came into the store to return a bra and panty set( I work at victoria's secret). Our return policy changed last march and we made a huge deal out of it because so many clients were used to wearing their bra for three years and finding it's worn out so they'll just take it back for a new one. Ugh. So anyway, this woman has her receipt but not that tags. It says we have to have tags attached to return anything. I call one of my managers cause I'm bad with confrontation and saying no. My manager explains to her the policy and this lady is adament about getting her way. So we tell her this one time only. i pointed out to her the new policy and she says to me "like I would know that. Who reads the return policy?". Are you freakin kidding me? Everyone does! I didn't say it like that but I told her politiely that I always read my reciept if Im no happy with something.
Was she right? Do people that not work in retail really think they can return anything? Im very curious what you think.

3 comments:

Robin said...

I think you are totally right. I really have to wonder what happen to those tags and why she took them off. Especially with the merchandise you are selling you have to TRUST her that she NEVER wore them.ick Of course everybody reads the return policy just because she's lazy and does not want to. Just makes prices higher for the rest of us

Brianna Hagestad said...

I agree, no returns on those kind of items! I mean if it breaks or tears within 60 days or whatever, sure. Three years for a bra!? What is she complaining about? I would say that is great. I do not and have not worked in retail, but it seems like common sense that clothes will wear out.

Jennifer Fletcher said...

A lot of stores are changing their return policies because of the fraud involved. I don't understand why some people feel they are exempt from the rules. Ignorance is no excuse.