Monday, March 9, 2009

Obama/McCain



This is a picture on a building on Market Street that I found interesting. It brought up a lot of questions. Are we closing the gap on racism? The child seems to be asking for Obama's help, does this mean that he is supported by a younger generation? McCain seems to be cheering on Obama (this was painted before the election) almost as if he is proud to have an African American opponent.

I feel that this picture is showing us that we need a new outlook on our government. We have been running in circles for decades. This is our chance to hear what the people have to say.

I also think that we are closing the gap on racism, but that we still have a long way to go.

2 comments:

Robin said...

That is a great picture. I like how Obama/Macain are portrayed. Yes we definently closing the gap on racism...With every year that goes by I have seen changes. 20 years ago Obama would have never stood a chance. Maybe the next President will be a women. I really think it was thanks to all the young voters who turned out that Obama got elected.

Shimjjang said...

I see changes happening in America's future, but I don't ever think we will come to a conclusion anytime soon.

Obama/McCain was such a heated, emotional election that it almost seems surreal now.