Sunday, March 22, 2009

Festival of Color

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123679036911896947.html

About a week ago, when I was searching through the Wall Street Journal Online for an article to do for my Business class, I fell upon this article. It's about the festival of Holi, which the Hindus in India celebrate during Spring. It just got me to thinking about what kind of holidays we celebrate. All I could really think of, we celebrate peoples' births, deaths, and whatnot by stuffing our faces with food and/or getting smashed.

I just wonder why we don't have a holiday more like this one, the Festival of Color. It just reminds me of painting with your hands, but getting it all over you -- and the people next to you. What a great way to welcome in the change of the season with such bright colors. As well as getting back in touch with your childhood. Instead of getting into a water fight with just pure clean water, the water would have colored powder in it; and would get your victim not only be soaked, but would turn them into a temporary rainbow. I find it very fitting for welcoming in Spring. What do you guys think?

1 comment:

Derek Ellis said...

This is kind of like the big tomato fight that takes place in the street of Italy or Greece. I can never remember. It would be intense to be stuck in this fight. I have to agree that this is some kind of spectacular wild event. It also would be the best way to start up the season.