Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Everybody's A Little Racist Sometime

So having just spent the last couple of class periods discussing race and racism it would a nice to post this delightful little video. Though I have never personally seen this play, my friends have sung to me the entire soundtrack.

This little diddy of a song brings to mind a few questions. First, if we are a little racist sometimes is that acceptable? Second, at this current time we are trying to blur the racial lines that divide us, but is this a futile attempt as there will always be differences?

Personally I feel as there will always be that bit of racial separation but to acknowledge it does no damage, it is when a negative action that oppresses those people that it turns sour.

I guess without due, here is the video. Please comment on how you feel about this song, whether it speaks to you or not.

2 comments:

Shimjjang said...

I do believe that everyone is a little racist.
It's almost a fact now-a-days.
Yet I also believe it is up to personal choice if you do make the racist comments or think the racist thoughts.
As our American society gets more diverse and lager by the second, the lines between races will have to blur to make life more liveable and cooperative.

Margaret said...

I think that eveyone notices people that are not like them. I dont feel that makes them racist though. There is still racisicm around today, there will always be racisicm.