Monday, February 2, 2009

Allstate: In good hands?

While sitting and vegging out on the communal couch in my dorm, computer in my lap and television blasting my beloved "Ghost Hunters", a commercial came on that caught my eye.

Allstate Insurance has had what seems to be the almost exact same commericials every couple of weeks, months, however long it takes them to make a commerical.

It always stars the one large African-American male actor decribing what he claims to be the most trustworthy, reliable, and honest insurance out there. Calm background music (usually piano or violin) and quick shots of a car crash, lighting strike, melting ice cream, or a father shooting hoops always accompanies the actor's low and humble voice.

Is it just me, or does the male actor provide a sort of comfort when you see him? Whenever I listen to the Allstate commericials I feel a sense of warmth, humility, and in some ways, it seems as though my father is speaking to me. Soft yet serious. Harsh with reality but tender with care.

He is just there, always there, standing tall and telling you what is best.

Buy Allstate insurance because "daddy" says so?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HNKqffU3Cc

No comments: