Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Zeitgeist: The Movie You Should Have Seen

*Spoiler Alert* We might all be chipped*Spoiler Alert*


So, with the closing of the current administration and the birth of a new one, there is no better time to plug an amazing film I was introduced to about 6 months ago. Now, to start I must state that I am no major taker of propaganda film or ideas but this movie is quite persuasive. The movie that I am discussing is Zeitgeist.

Photobucket


This amazing film is so destructive that the government has actually gone more than out of it's way to stop it from going into mass distribution. While mildly it is mildly difficult to obtain a copy of your own, I buy a copy on eBay, it can be viewed online via their website (www.zeitgeistmovie.com).

Now, the question you the reader might be asking yourself is, what does this have to do with anything? Well, having just spent the last couple of classes discussing mass media and how we are being put down by ad populum(appealing to the people) politicians, mass culture, mass reproduction and, a small variety of other things there is no better time to look at how the government might be stringing us along.

I will add however that this movie is quite pessimistic, though I will say it for the most part only raises questions, towards religion (mostly the 3 Abrahamic religions), 9/11 and, the Federal Reserve.

1 comment:

Meagan Helean said...

I have never heard of this movie, but it sounds quite interesting. I know what you're saying about how "the government might be stringing us along"...i think that we are influenced a lot more than we realize in terms of what's around us. We are just used to it now...I wonder if this is a good or bad thing??