Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Is Britney Really Back?



I'll be honest - I've been a fan of Britney Spears for a while now. I think I just really want her to finally be happy and get her life in order - especially after all she's been through. But when I saw her new 'Womanizer' video, I started thinking about the Britney obsession. (I didn't post the video because there's some nudity, and although some would say it's tasteful, others might not agree. )






Anyway, I'm watching this video and I'm thinking, "why is she naked? It has absolutely nothing to do with anything in the video..." Maybe she's proving to the world that she's back and she's hot! So then I proceed to thoroughly analyze the entire thing, passing judgement on her for why I think she's doing all these things... and then it hit me! Maybe she's not entirely to blame.






We glorified her when she was just a kid and told her to dress provocatively so that she would make money... I believe there's a word for that...









Then we followed her every move in the media, tearing her down for any little thing we DIDN'T like and only loving her when she did something we DID like. We poured our money out on her and on tabloids, setting her up to fall - then mocking her when she did.







Bebo Norman said it well:



"I'm sorry for this cruel, cruel world



We sell the beauty but destroy the girl...



I'm sorry we told you fame would fill you up



And money moves the man so drink the cup"






How much of this mess is actually Britney's fault?

2 comments:

Derek Ellis said...

I am going to agree with you.

I mean come on did you look at the harvest it was quite nice this year and it looks like next year is going to be even better.

I will give anybody who gets my reference $1.

Jennifer Fletcher said...

I think Britney's parents should have taken a more active role in advocating her youth. They should have been there to stand up for the type of clothes she would wear and the type of roles she would play. Maybe things would be different for her today if someone would have thought only of her, not the all mighty dollar.