Thursday, January 15, 2009

Untitled

Talking about Blood Diamond in class has led me to ask myself a few questions...such as why do we feel sad and like we need to do something after watching this movie? Why isn't more being done? What would it take to make a difference? The only conclusion that I can draw is that it takes more than just seeing. I think that we must be a part of it and truly experience it in order to make something happen. Yes you can watch the movie and feel bad and perhaps do something or in most cases not, but I believe that our culture focuses on the real experience and how much of a difference it makes. In order to truly grasp the lives of a different culture we need to go there and place ourselves in their shoes and then maybe more would be done...

1 comment:

Margaret said...

You have a good point, seeing is not enough to make us realize we need a change.